Lavender is one of my all-time favourite scents. It’s calming fragrance is just what I need after the hustle and bustle of every day life!
On an episode of Suite Living for KIN Community, I share three lavender DIYs that are sure to freshen up your home! Adding the relaxing and calming scent of lavender is a great way to create a soothing environment.
Lavender sachets are favourite of many, but the little bundles of fragrance can get a little pricey. So, why not make your own, customized versions?
All you’ll need for this project is a package of linen sachets (I found mine at the craft store), a small piece cardstock, a pad fabric-safe ink, some ribbon that matches the ink, a pair of scissors and depending on the design you want to create, a stamp or some painter’s tape. (I show how to use both techniques below.) And of course, you’ll need some gorgeous, dried lavender.
- Get Inked – Using your ink, create your design on the sachet. Be sure to limit it to the bottom two thirds so that it doesn’t get distorted when you close the sachet up.
- Replace with Ribbon – Snip and remove the drawstring of the sachet. Feed the ribbon through the seam allowance. To make this easier, attach a small safety pin to the end of the ribbon to act as a guide.
- Get the Scoop – Carefully scoop the dried lavender into the sachet. Finally, pull the ribbon snuggly and tie it all up.
These lavender sachets are so chic and are a fraction of the cost from those found in retail shoppes.
I love DIY projects, true. But what I love even more are DIY projects that are fast! All you need to make these lavender candles are some everyday drinking glasses, some tea light candles and some dried lavender.
- Pour – Ok, friends, pay attention because if you blink, I’ll be finished the project. Simply pour the lavender into the glass and add the candle! Yes, it’s that easy.
The warmth from the candle will intensify the natural lavender fragrance! How great would it be to have these burning while curling up with a good book or enjoying a warm bubble bath? Sound good to me!
Lavender Linen Spray
Whether you just hit the white sales and scored some new linens or you want to freshen up your exiting sets, spritzing a little lavender spray is a great way to make your bedroom a calm and serene retreat. But rather than spending a lot at a retail shop, here’s how you can make your own at home. To make this spray, you’ll need a small spritz bottle, some distilled water, some vodka and some lavender essential oil.
- Add It All Together – Pour the water, vodka and lavender oil into the bottle. For quantities, follow the recipe below.
Lavender Spray Recipe
¼” cup of Distilled water
1 teaspoon of Vodka
3-5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Shake It Up – Replace the bottle cap and shake it up.
Spray this on your linens for a lasting fragrance of even just around your room for a little freshness.
With these quick and inexpensive lavender DIYs, your home will smell like a lavender field in the French countryside. Now who doesn’t want that?!