Whether you’re in need of a hostess gift, a shower gift or any gift for that matter, giving something with a personal touch is always a hit!
On an episode of Suite Living, I demonstrate how to transform inexpensive glassware in to a really lovely, personalized gift by adding an etched monogram.
For this project, you can use any type of glassware – a pitcher, a set of glasses or even a vase. For my gift, I’m going to use a bedside carafe and glass.
In addition to your glassware, you’ll need adhesive stencils, a small brush and some craft store etching gel.
1) Clean and Dry – Clean the glass of dust and fingerprints using soapy water and rinse it thoroughly. Make sure to completely dry it after.
2) Stick It – Position your monogram stencil on the glass. When you’re happy with it, press down all of the edges firmly.
3) Paint It – Using your brush, apply a generous and even coat of the etching gel and leave it on for 15 minutes, or as instructed by the manufacturer.
4) Rinse and Remove – Rinse the gel off of the glassware and remove the stencil.
5) Clean and Dry – Give the glassware one more cleaning and carefully pat dry.
And there you have it! A thoughtful, personalized gift that is sure to be appreciated.